Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Emma Frost, Phoenix Five

Emma Frost, the middle child of three to a wealthy business man. Her business intelligence and her savvy attitude equipped with her power of telepathy has made her one of the X-Men's enemy, until recently where she now works for the good guys in fighting crime, teaching new mutants, and saving the world.

I love Emma Frost. I love how bitchy she can be and her sexual provocative attire. When the writers and artists made this uniform for her, they really didn't hold back on the sexual part. She looks amazing! Anyways, i had been meaning to paint this image and I finally got it done.

Of course, if you know Emma Frost, she is a telepath, so I needed to make it look like she was using her telepathy along with her destructive phoenix force powers. The twirl filter on photoshop did a great job at what I needed it to do.

The hardest part about the shading was probably the white shading because I couldn't allow the coloring to get too dark, so I had to continually change the shades of it to keep it in the lighter range. Then I realized that I was wasting my time and continually shade, keeping it dark, and just changed the opacity. That "Aha!" moment just saved me a few hours of frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment